Where did this week go? It is a mystery to me that the weekend is practically here! Here are some highlights of this past week.
1. Attended Beauty & the Beast at the theater over the weekend! Gorgeous sets, makes me want to create something that looks like it came out of a story book!
2. Finished one of the sea pods to enter into the Texas Tech juried student show
3. Worked on 10 collabrative junk sculptures in mixed media
4. My new business cards came in!!
5. My new books from amazon came in... one of them is about high fired glazes!
6. Threw a bowl I actually liked
7. Did some image transfers on ceramic pendants
8. Plus the sun has been out the past two days so I have pulled out my sun dresses and flip flops!
Now I know today is Thursday, but with all that has been going on this week, there wasn't anything new for a sneak peek, but check back next Thursday to see what surprises I have up my sleeves!
Tomorrow is going to be extremely busy, but if you are in Lubbock you should stop by the 3-D Art Annex on campus at Texas Tech. The clay club will be participating in a throw-a-thon from 10 am until 5 pm to create as many bowls as we can for the Empty Bowls coming up April 16th. There will also be demos in the metals/jewelry studio and other demos/sales at the art building. Tomorrow night will be the reception for BFA studio seniors exhibition in the Landmark Art Gallery in the art building on campus from 5-7. Everyone is welcome to come, meet some talented student artist and enjoy some refreshments.
the not so starving artist blog:
Here's the deal... I am an artist and I love food! I refuse to be labeled or included in the "starving artist" category. Now, while I have been broke... I want to be an artist and eat my cake too (metaphorically and literally!)
As author of this artist blog, I receive the rights to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand, contain profanity, personal attacks or seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.